Ahhhh, baked beans!! What’s a better side at a BBQ then beans? I’ve tasted a lot of baked beans in my day, and my baked beans just might be The Best Baked Beans. And since 4th of July is possibly the biggest BBQ day of the year, I figured it was the perfect time to share my recipe.
Archives for June 2015
Isn’t a summer time garden the best? Even though I will admit to mine not being the biggest and the best this year, I’m getting plenty of fresh basil. And it’s delicious! I’ve been making my traditional pesto recipe for years and years, but was inspired by an Instagram post I saw for a zestier version. Lots of fresh lemon juice and spicy red pepper flakes give this Zesty Avocado Pesto the perfect zing.
Wikipedia: “Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July or July Fourth, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from Great Britain.”
I LOVE everything about the 4th of July! First and foremost, to celebrate our patriotism to our country. Secondly, I am nuts about red, white, and blue. Third, I love to throw 4th of July parties! And, lastly, I love fireworks!! What’s not to love???
I’ll be doing another 4th of July post soon, but in the meantime, as I’m finishing up my decorating, I think I’ll take some time out to enjoy a little fresh Strawberry Smoothie!!
What are you cooking for Father’s Day??? I’m not sure what our plans are for the day, but if we’re at home, and I’m cooking, I have no doubt that my husband, and all the men in my life (son-in-laws, nephews, friends), would enjoy a menu that looked something like this!!
I am so excited to be a part of a fantastic Give-Away!! How would you like to win a William Sonoma Gift Card??? Well, hold onto your horses, and let me first share with you an awesome salad that I made for my family last night. **Give-away is closed**
This Melon Feta Salad was refreshing and delicious! I served it alongside Grilled Salmon and Pineapple Rice. I’ll be posting those recipes in the near future, but in the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy this salad. I know we did!…
I apologize for being so absent lately and not posting any new recipes, but I’ve been enjoying my crazy life!!
In the last couple of weeks:
- I’ve been on Nana duty for a week, getting to spend lots of time with two of my grand babies. Just me and a 5 & 3 year old. Yep, I can still get littles to school on time, help with homework, bath, and bedtime.
- My husband and I did a quick overnight to visit with our youngest daughter. My daughter and I spent a fun day together getting pedis and doing a little shopping (while my husband worked), then we met up with her boyfriend for a great dinner with his parents. Yeah, we finally met his parents!! We think he’s a keeper!
- We flew home on a Friday morning and that evening our oldest and her family arrived to spend a long weekend in SC.
- On Sat, we picked up our middle daughter and her two girls (ages 2 & 4) from the airport. They live the furthest away, so all chores cease when they’re home and it’s play time!
- Sunday was spent decorating and cooking. We hosted a baby shower/family bbq (for 50+) for our middle daughter who’s expecting baby boy mid July.
- Cooking. Cleaning. Playing.
- Cooking. Cleaning. Playing.
- Wash, Rinse, Repeat!!
That’s my life! It’s crazy, it’s busy, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!!
Sadly, I was so involved enjoying the party, that after the detail pictures, I set my camera down and never picked it back up. I’m kicking myself now, but in the moment I loved my time spent enjoying our family and guests. Not only did I not get any people pictures, but I took no pictures of the food. And it was good!!