This healthy appetizer is as delicious as it is beautiful!! The beets absolutely transform regular hummus into a feast for your eyes!
I knew I had to replicate a beet hummus that my sister in law brought as an appetizer on Super Bowl Sunday. She had put together a beautiful tray that included two kinds of hummus, tzatziki, guacamole, crackers, and lots of fresh veggies. I couldn’t stop thinking about the gorgeous hot pink Beet Hummus!
It’s so simple to make, and I made it even easier by taking a shortcut by using TJ’s peeled and steamed beets. I love shortcuts that don’t compromise the quality or flavor of a finished product.
Using a food processor, mix all the ingredients together until smooth. It’s that simple! FYI, I ended up by adding in more beets than is shown in this image.
Lots of fresh garlic and lemon juice give it a fresh and zesty flavor! Serve with all your favorite fresh veggies and/or a selection of crisp healthy crackers for a delicious, beautiful, and healthy appetizer!
- 1 8oz package Trader Joes Peeled & Steamed Beets (or 1-2 medium roasted fresh beets)
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 TBSP Tahini
- 1 large lemon (zested and juiced)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (crushed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In bowl of food processor, mix together beets, garbanzo beans, tahini, juice of lemon, garlic, salt, & pepper.
- Stream in olive oil, continuing to blend until smooth. Add additional olive oil if need till desired consistency.
- If needed, add a little more salt & pepper, to taste.
- Serve, topped with lemon zest, with your favorite fresh veggies or crackers.