I made this these delicious Roasted Lemon Thyme Mushrooms twice during the holidays and each time they were a huge hit. I’ve always done my own version of a spinach filled mushroom, which are also delicious, but these are my new favorite. The combination of the lemon, thyme, and garlic, with the rustic flavor of the roasted mushroom is perfection!
I highly suggest you try these at your next appetizer party or get-together. I could also imagine serving these as a vegetarian main course with a side salad.
And how cute is this appetizer plate? It was given to me as a hostess gift for hosting Christmas dinner. Thank you to a few of my favorite girls
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stems cut level
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the mushrooms in an oven-proof pan with the stems facing upwards.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Either refrigerate for later use, or bake immediately in the oven for 15 minutes or golden around the mushroom cap.
**Mushroom cleaning tip: use a damp paper towel or a soft mushroom brush to wipe each mushroom, one at a time, to remove any dirt. If needed you may rinse the mushroom, but it is recommended do so quickly and NOT soak the mushrooms. Mushrooms absorb liquid very quickly and will not brown nicely when cooked if they are full of water.
Thank you Pinterest for another great recipe find. This recipe was adapted from Cakes Cottage.