This Avocado Egg Bake recipe is Pinterest inspired. I’ve made it before and enjoyed it so much that I figured I’d share it with you. It’s a perfect recipe to make for just one, or make up a pan full and host a brunch! A side of toast and a little fresh fruit and you have the perfect breakfast. Of course, if I was making this to share with friends, there might just be a mimosa along side it. And maybe some crispy bacon. Yum!
My favorite way to eat this is to take a little spoon of the avocado egg bake and place it on the bread. It’s a delightful bite of the crunchy toasted french bread with the creaminess of the avocado and the baked egg. The parmesan cheese added a perfect salt balance and of course, the Siracha, added the kick. After my first bite of this dish, I was thinking I’d put a bit too much Siracha on it, but by the end, I had the bottle in my hand and was adding a bit more. I guess it’s just slightly addicting. The cool fresh berries were the perfect last bites of this meal.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 med or large eggs
- Grated Parmesan
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove seed.
- Make a small slice off the bottom of each half (this will allow the avocado to sit flat without tipping).
- Spoon out a very small amount of the avocado flesh (to make a little more room for the egg).
- Crack one egg into each half (don't worry if a little spills out).
- Top with a little sprinkling of salt, pepper, and grated parmesan.
- Bake at 425• for 20 minutes. Feel free to adjust cooking time depending on how well done you like your egg.
- Serve with Siracha and a side of toast.