It’s no secret that everyone has a recipe for Magic Cookie Bars. And, there are a lot of variations in the ingredients and flavors. I used a recipe that I’ve had for at least thirty years, but substituted almonds for the traditional walnuts. The combination of the chocolate, coconut, and almonds, was reminiscent of an Almond Joy Candy Bar.
To sum them up in one word, they were DELICIOUS! And did I mention how easy these Almond Joy Magic Cookie Bars are to make? There are six ingredients (staples in my pantry) and one pan. That’s it! The most complicated part, is combining the melted butter with the graham crackers to make your delicious bottom crust. And believe me when I say that my five year old granddaughter could do it.
Don’t these look amazing?!?!
- ½ cup real butter
- 1½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 6 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1⅓ cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Pour melted butter in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over melted butter. Mix together and press into pan (forming bottom crust)
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over bottom crust.
- Layer on chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
- With back of spatula (or clean hands), gently press layers down firmly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool before cutting.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.