I think we can all agree that everyone loves a good Chocolate Chip Cookie! Chocolate Chip Cookies are as All-American as baseball and apple pie! Now take that delicious, but ordinary Chocolate Chip Cookie and add in a bit of espresso powder. Now you’ve really got yourself a Chocolate Chip Cookie. An Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookie to be exact, made with rich dark chocolate chips!
These are seriously delicious and not your plain ‘ole Chocolate Chip Cookie! The dark chocolate chips, which happened to be the chocolate chips that I had in my pantry, along with the espresso powder, seriously transform these into A COOKIE! Now get to mixing and make up a batch!
How excited would your little one be to be served these “cookies and milk” for their afternoon snack?!?
The little ones might get a tall glass of cold milk to go with theirs, but I enjoyed mine with an afternoon cup of fresh coffee!!
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2-3 tsp espresso powder (I used 3, but feel free to use a little less)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. Add eggs and cream until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or Silpat liner.
- Scoop dough using a cookie scoop onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire rack.
Recipe slightly adapted from bag of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you’re anything like me, you’ll bake a lot of cookies during the holidays. I know, summer is just ending, but why not think ahead. After all, Christmas is only 123 sleeps away!!
Ok, I’ll cut you a little slack and start you off with an adorable Halloween Cookie. I mean seriously, how cute is this Slice & Bake Halloween Cookie? You can find the RECIPE at Mom Loves Baking.
Here’s a few delicious cookie recipes that you might want to add to your baking list this year:
And of course, you have to make some Frosted Sugar Cookies!