Who doesn’t love a chicken tender?? And no, I don’t mean fast food tenders or nuggets. I mean home cooked, super delicious, it really is chicken, chicken tenders. That’s exactly what these Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders are. Crispy, seasoned, juicy, strips of boneless skinless chicken breasts!
I served our chicken with this Asian Coleslaw, which meant I didn’t need any dipping sauce, but I typically would serve them with ketchup or ranch (for the kids), and this Comeback Sauce from Christy’s Southern Plate.
I can just about guarantee that your little ones will love these, unless they are the pickiest of eaters.
Start by crushing up a sleeve of Nabisco Saltine Crackers. I bet the kids would love to help crumble and crush crackers. I did mine in a freezer zip lock baggie and used a rolling pin. When they’re all crushed, add in a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Whisk the eggs with a fork and set up your breading station.
Place butter and olive oil into large skillet and heat to med/high. Once the oil is hot, dip the chicken into egg, then cracker crumbs and coat well. Carefully place into hot oil and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Enjoy your Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders plain, with a little dipping sauce, or do like I did and enjoy them on top of your favorite salad.
Recipe adapted from Christy’s Southern Plate. Head on over to her site and tell her “hi” for me!
- 2 packages Chicken Tenders (1½# - 2#)
- 1 sleeve Nabisco Saltine Crackers (not low salt)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP real butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Place crackers into freezer zip lock baggie. Crush with rolling pin until they're a coarse crumb.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mix together.
- Place cracker crumb mixture into shallow bowl.
- Crack eggs into a shallow bowl, whisk well with fork.
- Heat butter and oil together in large skillet over med/high heat.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg, then dip and coat thoroughly with cracker crumb mixture.
- Place dipped chicken into hot oil and cook approx 3-4 minutes per side. Do not crowd pan, cook in batches of about 6 tenders depending on size of pan.
- Lightly drain on paper towel.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!