Because of this recipe I now think of myself as a Caesar Salad snob. Most do not meet my expectations. This recipe, however, is delicious! I got it years ago from a friend and the recipe card is so well used that I can barely read it any more.
* The pictured salad has light dressing, because that’s how I like it, but feel free to add more to taste. I also prefer fresh shaved parmesan, but use grated if that’s your preference.
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 3-4 flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 TBL white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce-chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- In food processor, add anchovy and garlic and blend till smooth. Add egg yolks and blend again. Add in vinegar, balsamic, dijon, worcestershire sauce, salt, and lime juice. Blend. With motor running stream in olive oil till thick and well blended.
- Add chopped romaine to bowl. Toss with dressing (as much or as little as you like). Add parmesan and top with croutons.