This might be a favorite new side dish of mine. Pineapple fried rice could be a vegetarian entree, but if you’re like me, you’re going to serve it as a side dish. It goes well with grilled teriyaki chicken, grilled shrimp, steak, hawaiian meatballs, and even brown sugar ham or pulled pork sandwiches.
Look below. See those little social media buttons? I know you want to share this recipe
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1½ TBS sesame oil
- ¼ red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- ½ large pineapple (cut into small cubes)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (crushed)
- ½ large red bell pepper (chopped small)
- ½-1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1" piece fresh ginger (grated or finely minced. I used my microplane zester)
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over med heat.
- Saute onions for a couple minutes, add red pepper flakes.
- Add in garlic, ginger, bell pepper, and carrots, cook for approx 3 minutes until veggies just start to get tender.
- Add pineapple and sesame oil, cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and soy sauce, and cook quickly over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve, topped with fresh cilantro.
This recipe is Pinterest found and inspired. Adapted from Eat Healthy, Eat Happy.