Welcome! I’m Renee. I’m not your average “young mommy blogger.” In fact, you can say that I am “well seasoned.” I’ve gone from Mom to Nana in what feels like the blink of an eye.
Joy in Every Season originally began as a cookbook idea. I’ve been wanting to sort and organize my recipes to pass down to my daughters and since I’ve officially retired as a portrait photographer, it seemed the perfect time. Being that I love cooking and entertaining as much as I love photography, it seemed to make perfect sense.
Traditions are extremely important to our family and I believe that the meals we’ve shared are a huge part of this tradition. I’m not a chef and I’ve had no formal training. What I do have is years of experience getting dinner on the table through the many “seasons” of my life.
Many of the recipes that you’ll find throughout my blog have been passed down from generation to generation. Others have been shared between family and friends. Some have been “googled” and others are Pinterest finds. A few are travel inspired and some are straight out of cookbooks. Some of the recipes will be from scratch, others will be semi-homemade, and others I hope will serve as an idea or inspiration to help you get dinner on your table.
I love entertaining, whether it’s hosting a party, a large family BBQ, or simply a dinner for two. I also enjoy gardening, my home, an occasional craft, and family & friends. Cooking and serving others in the comfort of my home truly brings me joy!
I hope you’ll visit often and that my recipes bring some comfort and joy to you! And who knows, maybe one of the recipes will become a part of your family traditions!
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens” Ecclesiastes 3:1
And just for fun, a few random facts about me:
- I’m married to my best friend. 33 years and still going strong!
- We have three grown daughters. Two are married and we are blessed with five of the most beautifully perfect grand babies!
- If you want to take a peek at my photography, head on over to Renee Whiting Photography.
- I love driving big cars, sedans just aren’t my thing.
- I drink way too much coffee. Like all day, everyday!
- I’ve lived in the same town of Santa Cruz, CA, my entire life. So has my husband, in fact, we went to kindergarten together.
- I’m a capris and barefoot kind of gal. Heels? No thank you.
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.” Erma Bombeck
**All photos and content on Joy in Every Season are property of Joy in Every Season. Permission must be granted for any re-use of pictures, or word-for-word recipes or text. Please contact Renee (via the contact button) for permission before using any content found here. Thank you.