The salty bacon, with the creamy egg & avocado made these Avocado BLT Deviled Eggs the most delicious (Whole 30 approved) snack!
I started by boiling 6 eggs. I placed the eggs in a pan, covered with cold water, and set them over med high heat. Once it reached a boil, I covered the pan, and removed from heat. 15 minutes later I had perfect hard boiled eggs. As soon as they were done, I immediately ran lots of cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process. Did you know that if you overcook your hard boiled eggs, you get a little green around the outside of the yolk. I guess a little green truly wouldn’t have mattered, since I was mixing the yolks with avocado, but I still wanted the perfectly cooked egg.
After they cooled, I peeled the eggs, sliced them in half, and removed the yolk. The yolk got mixed with some fresh chopped tomato, creamy avocado, salty bacon, and just a bit of salt & pepper. I served them on a bed of fresh chopped lettuce to also enjoy along with the egg. YUMMY!
**Disclaimer, if you’re following any of my recipes that I note as Whole 30 compliant, please check your ingredient labels first as they can vary.
Avocado BLT Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 large avocado ripe
- 1 ripe tomato seeds and membrane removed, finely diced
- 4 sliced crispy chopped bacon read your label for W30 compliant
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 cup shredded lettuce I used head lettuce
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in small mixing bowl.
- Cook bacon until crispy, chopped into small dice.
- Remove seeds and inside membranes from tomato and chop into small dice.
- Add avocado to egg yolks and thoroughly combine (I used a fork).
- Gently stir tomato and bacon into egg/avocado mixture. Reserve a little tomato & bacon for garnish.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully fill the egg whites up with egg mixture.
- Garnish with extra bacon & tomato.
- Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce.