This Caprese Ricotta Appetizer appetizer is as delicious as it looks. It’s tasty, simple to make, fresh, and healthy! My daughter first made this appetizer for me and I was sold on the first bite. This will definitely be a go-to appetizer for me.
We’re a little past fresh homegrown tomatoes, but these store bought ones were perfectly delicious and I love the multi colors they gave the dish.
*The great thing about a recipe like this is that none of the measurements need to be exact. A little more of this, a little less of that, and it will still be delicious!
Caprese Ricotta Appetizer
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lg clove minced pressed garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves-chopped or chiffonade
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whole milk soft ricotta cheese one tub
- Balsamic Glaze I used Trader Joe's Balsamic Glaze but feel free to make your own by reducing balsamic vinegar
- Grilled french bread
- Half the cherry tomatoes and combine with pressed garlic, chopped basil, salt, and drizzle of olive oil. Mix and refrigerate to let the flavors blend.
- Lightly brush the french bread slices and grill on med. hot grill pan.
- When bread is warm, spread with ricotta cheese, spoon on some tomatoes, and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.