This Caprese Ricotta Appetizer appetizer is as delicious as it looks. It’s tasty, simple to make, fresh, and healthy! My daughter first made this appetizer for me and I was sold on the first bite. This will definitely be a go-to appetizer for me.
We’re a little past fresh homegrown tomatoes, but these store bought ones were perfectly delicious and I love the multi colors they gave the dish.
*The great thing about a recipe like this is that none of the measurements need to be exact. A little more of this, a little less of that, and it will still be delicious!
Caprese Ricotta Appetizer
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lg clove minced pressed garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves-chopped or chiffonade
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whole milk soft ricotta cheese one tub
- Balsamic Glaze I used Trader Joe's Balsamic Glaze but feel free to make your own by reducing balsamic vinegar
- Grilled french bread
- Half the cherry tomatoes and combine with pressed garlic, chopped basil, salt, and drizzle of olive oil. Mix and refrigerate to let the flavors blend.
- Lightly brush the french bread slices and grill on med. hot grill pan.
- When bread is warm, spread with ricotta cheese, spoon on some tomatoes, and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
This recipe looks amazing!!
Jamie, it is! Let’s have it next time you’re home!