Because of this recipe I now think of myself as a Caesar Salad snob. Most do not meet my expectations. This recipe, however, is delicious! I got it years ago from a friend and the recipe card is so well used that I can barely read it any more.The Caesar dressing is thick and delicious!
I highly recommend taking the time to make Homemade Toasty Croutons to serve on this salad. The boxed type just aren’t good enough for this delicious Caesar Salad. I’m giving you the recipe just as I received it probably 25 years old. It’s seriously so delicious that it is my most requested salad by friends and family. I’ve brought it to so many potlucks I’ve lost count!
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 3-4 flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 TBL white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce-chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- In food processor, add anchovy and garlic and blend till smooth. Add egg yolks and blend again. Add in vinegar, balsamic, dijon, worcestershire sauce, salt, and lime juice. Blend. With motor running stream in olive oil till thick and well blended.
- Add chopped romaine to bowl. Toss with dressing (as much or as little as you like). Add parmesan and top with croutons.
Please remember to share on Facebook and Pinterest! Sharing is caring!You might also enjoy: