I love to serve my 30-Minute Bruschetta Chicken over pesto pasta with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. But if spiralized noodles or brown rice sounds better to you, by all means go for it. It would even be good served on a Caesar Salad. Anyway you decide to serve it, I have a feeling it’s going to become a go-to meal in your home, like it has in mine. Don’t you just love meals that come together in as little as 30 minutes, I know I do!I can’t wait to make this again this summer, when the tomatoes are vine ripe from my garden and the basil is freshly picked. In the meantime, my grocery store produce will have to do. The “bruschetta” comes together in a matter of minutes. Simply finely chop some red onion, de-seed and chop fresh tomatoes, and chop some fresh basil. Mix together with some fresh chopped garlic, a little salt & pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. So easy!!
To make this meal in 30 minutes:
- Marinade Chicken
- While chicken is marinating, make bruschetta
- Cook chicken
- Additionally, if you’re serving with pasta, cook pasta while chicken is cooking.
- Serve chicken topped with fresh bruschetta and a drizzle of balsamic.
Seriously, doesn’t this look like a delicious meal!!
30 Minute Bruschetta Chicken
- Chicken Marinade:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets skinless breast that has been sliced in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6-8 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic crushed
- 1/2 red onion small chopped
- 10-12 large fresh basil leaves chopped or chiffonade *chiffonade: rolled and sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- *Optional top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- **Optional serve over pasta, brown rice, or caesar salad.
- Place chicken into large zip lock baggie and add marinade ingredients: olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Roll chicken around in bag to thoroughly coat with marinade. Set aside.
- While chicken is marinading, make bruschetta.
- Seed and dice tomatoes and place into bowl. Add crushed fresh garlic, chopped red onion, chopped fresh basil, and salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until serving.
- Preheat large skillet (I used cast iron) over med. high heat.
- When skillet is hot, lightly drizzle with olive oil and add chicken. If needed cook in two batches. My large cast iron skillet held 5 chicken cutlets.
- Cook for approx. 4 minutes per side and golden brown. Adjust cooking time as needed depending on thickness of chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, there is time to cook some angel hair pasta or toss together a quick salad.
- To serve, place chicken on top of pasta, rice, or salad and top with fresh bruschetta and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Bruschetta Chicken would be delicious served with Caesar Salad.
And maybe a Lemon Berry Crepe for dessert!