Fiesta Corn (or maybe you know it as Confetti Corn or Corn Dip) is made from roasted fresh corn, lots of fresh veggies, and gets a tangy zest from fresh lime juice. It can be served as a dip with tortilla or corn chips, a side salad, or even as a salsa served with grilled meat. How would you serve your Fiesta Corn??I make mine with fresh grilled corn, but if you prefer, or don’t have the time to grill the corn, you could substitute with frozen corn. Simply heat a large skillet, drizzle a bit of olive oil, and “toast” the corn to lightly char the kernels. Given the choice, I always will choose to grill fresh corn. In fact, it’s the only way we eat our corn on the cob now!!
All husked, seasoned and ready for the grill: Grill the corn over med/high heat, turning it often, for approximately 15 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on the heat of your grill.
Just look how delicious this corn looks!!While the corn is grilling, prep your veggies. Give them all a small dice, especially the jalapeño.
- red bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- red onion
- fresh cilantro (not pictured)
- fresh garlic
- fresh lime juice
After the corn is grilled and the veggies are chopped, it’s as simple as stirring them all together!
- 6 med ears fresh corn or you may substitute with frozen corn. I used 8, but they were small.
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1/2 red bell pepper small dice
- 1/2 orange bell pepper small dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper small dice
- 1/4-1/2 red onion small dice
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeno very small dice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic crushed
- chopped cilantro approximately 3/4 cup chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Seasonings for grilled corn:
- Drizzle of olive oil salt, and pepper.
- Clean corn by removing husk and silks. Rinse.
- Lightly drizzle corn with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat outdoor grill to med/high heat.
- Place corn directly on grill and grill for approximately 15 minutes, turning often. Corn should be tender and lightly charred.
- While corn is cooling, prep veggies.
- Red/yellow/orange bell peppers: rinse, deseed and remove membrane, dice small.
- Red onion: peel and dice small.
- Jalapeno: rinse, deseed, and dice very small.
- Garlic: peel and crush.
- Cilantro: rinse and chop.
- Rinse black beans.
- Once corn is cool, cut kernels from the husk. Place in large bowl.
- Add in rinsed beans, chopped bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, red onion, cilantro, cumin, fresh lime, salt and pepper.
- Adjust amount of lime juice and seasoning to taste.
- Chill and serve!
Here’s another corn salad recipe that I think you’ll love!!
And, a few more delicious salads…..