This Taco Salad w/Salsa Lime Dressing is a delicious main course salad! It’s made with seasoned ground turkey and topped with a homemade Salsa Lime Dressing that is to die for! Just look at all the fresh and delicious ingredients that go into this Taco Salad w/Salsa Lime Dressing!!
I started by making the Salsa Lime Dressing. It’s a mayo based dressing which give it a delicious creaminess! And, it’s super quick to make, using just four ingredients: mayo, salsa, lime, and cumin powder. Super easy! Super Delicious! Once I mixed up the dressing, I placed it in the ‘fridge and began browning the ground turkey and prepping the other ingredients.
This meal was seriously as easy as making a quick dressing, browning some meat, chopping a few toppings, and mixing all together in a big bowl!! Dinner doesn’t get much easier than that!Once everything is in the bowl, pour on the dressing and give it a good mix!!Then, serve it up and enjoy!!
I’d love if you’d share this recipe on Facebook, and don’t forget to Pin it!
- Salsa Lime Dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salsa (use your favorite store-bought or homemade)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Salt & pepper to taste (if needed)
- Taco Salad:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning (packaged or homemade)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce or Iceburg (I used a combination of both)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ chopped red onion
- 1 cup Fritos corn chips
- To make dressing: Combine mayonnaise, salsa, lime juice, lime zest, and cumin pwd. in small bowl and whisk until well blended. Add salt & pepper to taste (if needed). Refrigerate until time to serve salad.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med/high heat. Add ground turkey and taco seasoning. Cook turkey, breaking apart as needed, until cooked through and browned. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Prep all salad ingredients and place in large bowl: chopped lettuce, ground turkey, diced tomato, cubed avocado, grated cheddar cheese, kidney beans, chopped cilantro, chopped red onion, and corn chips.
- Top with Salsa Lime Dressing and gently mix until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
Salads are such delicious main course meals! Here’s a few more you might enjoy: