I love leftovers for lunch and this Asian Coleslaw was the perfect salad for both dinner and lunch the following day!! It was fresh, flavorful, and easy to prepare! I love that our evenings are still warm and that we can enjoy dinner outside on the deck. This Asian Coleslaw served alongside some chicken was the perfect light and delicious meal!
Don’t let the number of ingredients in the dressing deter you from making this salad. It really is as simple as whisking them all together! Once the dressing was in the ‘fridge, I prepped the veggies.
I used about 8 cups of fresh veggies: green cabbage, purple cabbage, grated carrots, red bell peppers, orange bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and some broccoli cole slaw mix. I took a short cut and used bagged grated carrots and broccoli slaw, everything else I prepped myself. Just look at how beautiful these veggies are, and I still had to add some cilantro and green onions.
When it was time to serve, I poured the dressing over the fresh veggies and gave it a good mix. I topped it off with some chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, and chopped peanuts.
Life Factory food storage containers makes storing leftovers easy! And best of all, lunch is packed and waiting for you to grab-n-go the next day!!
This Asian Coleslaw was adapted from Once Upon A Chef. Please follow her for other delicious recipes.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP peanut butter
- 2-3 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger (zested using microplane)
- Slaw Salad:
- 8 cups assorted veggies (I used green & purple cabbage, red/yellow/orange bell pepper, grated carrots, broccoli coleslaw mix)
- 2 green onions (scallions, thinly sliced)
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- ½-1 cup peanuts (rough chopped)
- To make the dressing, combine the honey, oil, peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger in bowl. Whisk until well blended. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the slaw, prep all veggies: shred the cabbage, thinly slice the peppers, and grate the carrots.
- Combine all veggies in large bowl (cabbages, peppers, carrots, broccoli slaw mix). Gently mix.
- Add dressing and mix until well combined.
- To serve, top with sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
For more amazing salads… Caesar Salad