Who doesn’t love a chicken tender?? And no, I don’t mean fast food tenders or nuggets. I mean home cooked, super delicious, it really is chicken, chicken tenders. That’s exactly what these Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders are. Crispy, seasoned, juicy, strips of boneless skinless chicken breasts!
I served our chicken with this Asian Coleslaw, which meant I didn’t need any dipping sauce, but I typically would serve them with ketchup or ranch (for the kids), and this Comeback Sauce from Christy’s Southern Plate.
I can just about guarantee that your little ones will love these, unless they are the pickiest of eaters.
Start by crushing up a sleeve of Nabisco Saltine Crackers. I bet the kids would love to help crumble and crush crackers. I did mine in a freezer zip lock baggie and used a rolling pin. When they’re all crushed, add in a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Whisk the eggs with a fork and set up your breading station.
Place butter and olive oil into large skillet and heat to med/high. Once the oil is hot, dip the chicken into egg, then cracker crumbs and coat well. Carefully place into hot oil and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Enjoy your Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders plain, with a little dipping sauce, or do like I did and enjoy them on top of your favorite salad.
Recipe adapted from Christy’s Southern Plate. Head on over to her site and tell her “hi” for me!
Don’t forget to Pin 🙂
Cracker Crumb Chicken Tenders
- 2 packages Chicken Tenders 1 1/2# - 2#
- 1 sleeve Nabisco Saltine Crackers not low salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP real butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place crackers into freezer zip lock baggie. Crush with rolling pin until they're a coarse crumb.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mix together.
- Place cracker crumb mixture into shallow bowl.
- Crack eggs into a shallow bowl, whisk well with fork.
- Heat butter and oil together in large skillet over med/high heat.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg, then dip and coat thoroughly with cracker crumb mixture.
- Place dipped chicken into hot oil and cook approx 3-4 minutes per side. Do not crowd pan, cook in batches of about 6 tenders depending on size of pan.
- Lightly drain on paper towel.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
If you love simple family meals and chicken, you’ll enjoy these: