A wedge salad is simply delicious! Seriously, it’s simple to make and delicious to eat! I often use my favorite bottled ranch dressing, then top with crumbled blue cheese, but I’m on a “use up the buttermilk” recipe kick, so I made a homemade Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing.
There (obviously) is no recipe for a wedge salad. It’s simply iceberg lettuce cut into a wedge with some or all of these toppings: crispy bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles, diced red onion, cherry tomatoes, and a good round of fresh cracked pepper. I know not everyone is fond of blue cheese, and if that’s the case, use ranch dressing and omit the blue cheese crumbles. Personally, I love it!
Here’s my Buttermilk Blue Cheese dressing recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large clove garlic (pressed)
- 4 oz. good blue cheese crumbles
- juice of ½ lemon
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for one hour (for flavors to blend).