I stumbled upon the original Chex Mix recipe on Pinterest the other day and decided to make up a batch. It’s been years since I’ve made it, so I figured I’d make some up. Yep, it’s a good as I remember! I did mix it up a little by adding in some pretzels and cashews. I also decided to not use the seasoned salt and used Good Shit seasoning instead. Yes, there really is such a thing. They sell it at a little boutique that I visit often. It’s similar to the seasoned salt, but has more of a salty sweet flavor to it. In case you’re curious, you can order it here.
- 1 cube butter
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt I used 2 tsp Good Shit seasoning instead
- 4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 -2 cups small pretzels
- 1 1/2 -2 cups cashews
- Melt butter.
- Stir in Worcestershire Sauce and seasoning (either seasoned salt or Good Shit seasoning)
- Combine cereals, pretzels, and nuts in large bowl.
- Slowly stir butter mixture into cereal mix. Stir until well coated.
- Dump mixture onto large rimmed baking sheet, parchment lined.
- Bake in 250* oven for 45 minutes, stirring 2-3 times.
- Cool and enjoy!
Sarah Henderson says
I need some Good Shit!!! 😉 I also need a food staging photography lesson from you!!! 🙂