I remember growing up when salad was iceberg lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Add bottled dressing and call it salad. It was good, but not like the salads we eat now. I’ll share my favorite go-to salad in the next couple of weeks, but for now, I’ll just tease you with the sweet little candied pecans that will top it off.
I almost always have a jar of them in my pantry just waiting for salad night.
- 5-6 cups pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger optional
- Using a hand mixer, whisk, or emersion blender, whip egg white and water until frothy.
- Gradually add in vanilla, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Stir in pecan halves until well coated.
- Spread onto large baking sheet.
- Bake 250• for 1 hour, stirring 3-4 times during baking
Leave a Reply