So simple and delicious! Grilled Pineapple with Honey & Cayenne is perfect to serve alongside just about any grilled meat! Although, I might admit to eating multiple wedges of this while the chicken was still on the grill!Grilling pineapple only takes a few minutes. I start by giving it a light brush of light olive oil (just to prevent it from sticking to the grill), and placing on a med heat grill. Turn it a few times to heat it throughout and to get those beautiful grill marks on all sides. Once off the grill, simply give it a little drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper.
If you’ve never cut a fresh pineapple, here’s a tutorial I found online that will show how quick and simple it really is.
- 1 large ripe fresh pineapple (cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 TBSP light olive oil
- 2-4 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Prep fresh pineapple (peel, core, and cut into 8 wedges).
- Pre-heat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Lightly brush pineapple wedges with olive oil.
- Grill pineapple, turning regularly, until heated through and each side has grill marks.
- Remove from grill and lightly drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste.