Nothing beats pancakes for breakfast. However, when the days get crazy, it’s almost six o’clock, and I have no idea what’s for dinner, it’s a breakfast for dinner kind of night. We all enjoyed these simple to make Bisquick Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner! The grandkids enjoyed theirs with a few chocolate chips added in. Oh my goodness, the chocolate chips were such a delicious sweet addition. I also opted to also make a few plain and instead top them with butter, syrup and some chopped pecans. It was a tough decision deciding which I liked better.
Since these Bisquick Pumpkin Pancakes were made using Bisquick Pancake Mix, they were quick to make. The pumpkin puree and some pumpkin pie spice gave them a nice pumpkin flavor, just perfect for this time of year!
All the ingredients are shown below, except for the milk, which I honestly just forgot to put with these ingredients until I starting measuring everything into the bowl.
I simply measured all the ingredients (including the milk) into a batter bowl and mixed it together with a whisk. Once the batter is ready, preheat your favorite pancake skillet and cook over medium heat until light golden brown on both sides. Once the pancakes were ready to flip, I added a few mini chocolate chips, then flipped and cooked the second side.
How would you top your pancakes??
Chocolate chips inside the pancakes? Or plain, with butter, pecans, and syrup? Or maybe plain with whipped cream and sprinkles?
Bisquick Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In medium bowl, add in all ingredients: Bisquick, eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk or stir, until well blended.
- Heat your favorite pancake griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Use about 1/3 cup pancake batter. Flip when first side is light golden brown and it begins to bubble. Cook until golden brown.
- **optional - add mini chocolate chips to the pancake before you flip it. I do not add them to the batter so that I have the option of also some without.
- My pancake skillet is non stick and does not require adding butter (or spray). If your pan is not non-stick, melt a little butter on the pan before adding the pancake batter.
Serve pancakes warm with your favorite toppings: butter, syrup, chopped pecans, mini chocolate chips, sliced banana, whipped cream.
How cute would it be to fill the batter bowl with a couple of baking mixes (bread, cookies, etc), a whisk, and a dishtowel as a cute hostess or Christmas gift!?!?