What do you do if you have just a little left over brown rice? I often reheat it and top it with a little cheese and salsa for a quick warm lunch, but the other morning I used it for breakfast. Egg & Rice. I’m here to say, it was actually quite good.
I added a little grated cheese to the leftover rice and gave it a quick pan fry, then simply topped it with a fried egg (that I cooked about 30 seconds too long), salsa, and fresh avocado. It was a quick, healthy, and satisfying breakfast. Being a food blogger and scrambling through the kitchen grabbing camera, dishes, and props, does have it’s downside. I would have loved this egg to be a bit runnier.
- 1 cup brown rice (leftover)
- 1 egg (cooked to your liking)
- 2 TBSP salsa
- ¼-1/2 avocado (peeled and sliced)
- 2 TBSP cheese (your favorite kind, grated)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add the grated cheese to the leftover rice and quickly pan fry.
- Cook your egg (I like mine over easy with a runny yolk).
- Top rice with egg, salsa, fresh avocado, and salt & pepper.