I think that everyone and their mother has this Frozen Lemon Yogurt Pie recipe. I saw something similar floating around on FaceBook and decided to make up an oldie but a goodie of a recipe. I made a lemon version this time, but have also made lime and strawberry. They’re all delicious!This Lemon Frozen Yogurt Pie is sweet, tart, icy cold, and creamy, all in one delicious bite! And it’s so simple to make, especially if you take a shortcut and use a pre-made graham cracker crust.
Frozen Lemon Yogurt Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust store bought or homemade
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip Topping thawed
- 3 5 oz tubs lemon yogurt
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Optional for topping: whipped cream lemon zest, and sliced lemon for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine cool whip, yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Place in freezer.
- Before serving, remove from freezer and let thaw until it's "barely" frozen.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lemon zest. Slice and serve.
- **If only serving a few slices, remove from freezer, slice and plate as many serving as you need. Let thaw, then garnish and serve.
So many desserts, so little time…..
What a refreshing summer treat!
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass says
I love how easy this is Renee, and it looks so nice and cool for a hot afternoon on the patio. Sign me up!
This sounds great I will make it this weekend
Heidi Carlton-Hoskins says
Can I use real whipped cream instead of cool whip? Cool whip is full of artificial junk and hydrogenated oils.
Hi Heidi, Unfortunately I have no idea about freezing this pie if it were made with real whipped cream. I rarely use Cool Whip, but I do for this recipe. I apologize that I’m unable to help.
I just made this recipe with pineapple Greek yogurt, BUT I found next to Cool Whip a Natural alternative Frozen NonDairy topping. Comes in a tube, but no junk.
Sorry, typo….it comes in a TUB, just like Cool Whip.😉