When I think of summer desserts, a fresh fruit cobbler is definitely on that list! Sadly, this year I missed the ollalieberry picking season, but I was not about to let that stop me from making a fresh fruit cobbler. And, I happened to have a bowl full of ripe peaches!!
As I started peeling and cutting, I wasn’t sure I had enough sliced fruit to fill a square baking pan, so I opted for individual mason jar cobblers.
I love the way they turned out! These squat little jars were the perfect serving (with a scoop of ice cream of course)!
- 8 fresh peaches I had about 4 cups sliced peaches
- 3 TBSP white sugar
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 TBSP white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP butter chilled and cubed
- 1/4 cup very hot water
- Sprinkle Topping:
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pit, peel, and slice peaches.
- Combine sliced peaches with white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch). Mix gently.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until looks like a coarse meal.
- Stir in water until just combined.
- Scoop some peaches into each canning jar and top with cobble topping.
- Sprinkle the top of each with a mixture of cinnamon sugar.
- Place jars on baking sheet and bake in preheated *400 oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Recipe was adapted from All Recipes.
Chris @ SimpleFood365 says
What a great way to serve these! The cobbler looks great and I love the little jars!
Ange @ Little Kitchen Blue says
These are so sweet, I love the little individual serves.
Rachel @ athletic avocado says
peach cobbler is a classic, this looks amazing!
Meredith @ The Weekday Gourmet says
Ooh I’m going peach picking tomorrow. I’ll have to make this!
Chrissie (thebusybaker.ca) says
These look so CUTE! I love the individual mason jars! And the cobbler looks to die for 🙂
Marissa @ OMG FOOD says
So adorable and looks delicious! I love fruit desserts in the summer. Cobbler is up there on the list for me. Thanks for sharing!
Levan @ MyWifeMakes.com says
This peach cobbler would indeed bring joy to every season of my life! AMAZING!!
Michaela Kenkel says
This is my kind of dessert! Peaches are one of my FAVORITE summer fruits — Of course, can’t beat ice cream! 😉
susan | the wimpy vegetarian.com says
I love how you served them in these cute jars! And peach cobbler is such a favorite at our house.