This Caprese Avocado Pesto Pasta is the best of everything! If you’re a fan of pasta, caprese salad, avocados, and pesto, you’re going to love this!Seriously, look at this serving of pasta! Fresh tomatoes and mozzarella are added to a bowl of warm pasta smothered in avocado pesto. And let’s not forget the topping of freshly grated parmesan cheese that tops it off. That’s a bowl of deliciousness right there! This pasta is rich and creamy without the addition of any cream or milk to the sauce. The avocado pesto sauce, and the starch from the pasta cooking water is all it needs to form it’s own deliciously creamy sauce.
Caprese Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Pesto Sauce:
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 pound bowtie pasta cooked according to package directions Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 10-12 small mozzarella balls halved
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
- For Pesto Sauce:
- Place basil leaves and garlic in bowl of food processor and pulse until well chopped.
- Add flesh of avocado, olive oil, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add juice of lime and blend until well blended. Set aside. If not using immediately, place in well covered container and place in refrigerator.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- When pasta is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls into halves. Set aside.
- Place drained pasta back into pan, add warm pasta cooking water and pesto sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Place pasta into large serving bowl and top with lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese.