While zucchinis are abundant, I’m jumping on the zucchini recipe bandwagon. In case you still have a few growing in your garden, you might want to make up this delicious side dish. I pulled up an old recipe that I had (written on a yellowing envelope) and compared it to current recipes. It was just about identical. Something just don’t need changing, like this Zucchini Pancake recipe.
The only addition I made was to top them with some Creme Fraiche and some fresh chopped parsley. I also swapped out the green onions that the recipe called for and used finely chopped yellow onions (sometimes you need to improvise and use what you have). I also think a little fresh salsa or Sriracha would be a good addition as a topping.
- 3 cups zucchini (grated)
- 4 eggs (whipped)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped green onions (or finely chopped yellow)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly whip the eggs in a med bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix together.
- Fry in olive oil/butter combination until golden brown and "set" inside (like a regular pancake).
- Top with creme fraiche and either chopped green onions or fresh chopped parsley.
- **I think a little fresh salsa or Sriracha would be good on these also