Some mornings I wake up and just know that I need to bake. I knew I wanted to make some sort of a loaf cake, but wasn’t really sure what I wanted, until, while flipping through some recipes, I stumbled upon a pound cake recipe. I was originally thinking something lemony, but since I had no lemons, I settled on this Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache. I always have chocolate chips in the pantry.
Would you believe me if I said it was a huge sacrifice to have to eat this instead of a lemon cake?? No? I didn’t think so. You know me all too well!!
Pound cakes are so simple to make and you probably have all the ingredients on hand to whip this up yourself.
This recipe was inspired by Paula Deen’s Pound Cake, and while I knew hers would be good, I knew that my Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache was going to be even better. Shhh, don’t tell Paula I said that 😉
Simply, mix it all up using a hand or stand mixer and bake.
Then make a quick ganache, and give that plain old cake a little chocolate loving!And maybe some sprinkles!
And, now for the best part……pour yourself a big glass of cold milk or make a cup of coffee (I’ll let you decide), and cut yourself a big fat slice!
Plate it up, and if you want to be a little more indulgent, as if Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache isn’t enough, pour a little of the left over ganache on the side of your plate for dipping.
Enjoy!! And start your diet tomorrow 🙂
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP flour
- For ganache:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 325*
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the sour cream and mix until just blended.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and eggs into the creamed butter/sugar mixture, mix until combined.
- Add vanilla.
- In small bowl, add the TBSP flour to 1 cup chocolate chips and mix together.
- Stir chocolate chips into cake mix.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 325* for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- To make ganache, set up a double boiler (a heat proof bowl on top of a pan of hot water on simmer) and add in chocolate chips and cream. Stir until melted and well combined. Stir in instant coffee granules.
- Top cake with chocolate ganache.
- **Sprinkles are optional
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass says
Oh my word. That is real chocolate loving Renee. Mum’s the word, I won’t tell Paula, but WOW!!! I love the ganache with the coffee granules. Score!!!!
Megan Marlowe says
I would like some right now. Holy moly that looks decadently amazing!
I’m not seeing temp?
I apologize. It’s 325*