Nothing tops a grilled skirt steak better than fresh homemade Chimichurri Sauce. It’s quick to make and takes your grilled steak from ordinary to amazing! I promise you, serve this at your next BBQ and your friends and family will not stop complimenting you.
“Chimichurri is a green sauce used for grilled meat, originally from Argentina. It is made of finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, and white vinegar.” Wikipedia
I like to spoon the Chimichurri Sauce right on top of the sliced steak because it makes such a beautiful presentation, but you also need extra. Extra for the meat. Extra to spoon on top of baked potatoes. Extra to dip bread into. You get the idea. It’s that good!!
**If you like this recipe, please feel free to share onto your Facebook page and PIN it!
- 1 large bunch fresh Italian Parsley rough chopped, approx 2 cups
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro rough chopped *optional. I had some, so I added it.
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP red or white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes according to taste
- Chop the parsley (and cilantro if using).
- Combine parsley, with olive oil, crushed garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- It's best to make earlier in the day to allow flavors to combine.
- *Can be made in food processor, for a smoother sauce, but I prefer to hand chop.
Here’s a few more BBQ ideas that you might like….