This Broccoli Salad is the perfect combination of salty and sweet! My daughter shared this recipe after having it at a friends and I knew I had to make it. The best part about this recipe (besides how good it is), is that it’s even better if made the day before, which takes the stress out of dinner time. Right before serving simply top with sunflowers seeds and some crispy bacon and you’ve got yourself a delicious fresh salad.
- 6 + cups uncooked chopped broccoli florets approx 1-2 bunches
- 1/2 med red onion chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins I used 1/2 c. golden raisins and 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- For dressing:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup or less sugar I used 3 TBSP
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cut broccoli florets into small bite size pieces.
- Chop 1/2 med red onion and mix with broccoli.
- Make dressing by combining mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Whisk together.
- Stir dressing into broccoli (and onions).
- Refrigerate (a couple hours or overnight)
- Before serving, fry bacon (crispy).
- Stir raisins/cranberries into salad and top with crispy bacon pieces and sunflower seeds.
**If you like this recipe, please feel free to share onto your Facebook page, Pinterest, and don’t forget to hit the YUM & Stumble buttons!