Don’t you just wish you were somewhere warm and tropical right now? Me too! But, since I’m not, I’m going to enjoy this Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing instead. The dressing adds the perfect amount of sweet and tang and the extra topping of toasted coconut will have you dreaming of a tropical beach! It might not really having you dreaming of a beach, but it will be a delicious salad to serve all summer long!You can use any variety of fresh fruit you that you enjoy. I used:
And, topped it off with some toasted coconut and of course, the honey lime dressing!
I apologize for an extra picture of the same salad, but seriously, the colors are so gorgeous that I couldn’t help myself!
Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 6-8 cups fresh fruit watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, mango, grapes, oranges, kiwi, blackberries. Or whatever fruit you prefer.
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded coconut I used sweetened
- For dressing:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- zest of one lime
- Prep all fruit (rinse, peel if necessary, and cut into chunks).
- Place fresh fruit into large bowl.
- Toast shredded coconut in small nonstick skillet over medium/low heat. Lightly toast. Stir often and keep an eye on it, as it burns quickly once it begins to toast.
- To prepare dressing, add honey, fresh lime juice, and lime zest to small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Drizzle dressing over fruit and gently stir to combine. Top with toasted coconut.
- ** depending on your amount of fruit, you may not need all the dressing.
- Refrigerate fruit salad until time to serve.
Looking for more summer salads?