In my opinion, the only way to cook asparagus is to grill them. They are tender, but still slightly crisp, and the addition of lemon zest is perfect! And, you can do them right on your grill pan indoors. These Grilled Asparagus are the perfect addition to any spring or summer dinner.
- Fresh Asparagus
- 1/4-1/2 cup balsamic salad dressing depending on how many asparagus
- Lemon Zest
- Salt & Pepper *optional
- Rinse and trim stalky ends off of asparagus.
- Place trimmed asparagus into gallon size zip lock bag.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite balsamic salad dressing (bottled or homemade)
- Let marinade for 1 hour or more.
- Heat grill pan to medium.
- Cook asparagus, turning regularly, for approx. 10 minutes.
- Asparagus should be tender crisp.
- Place on platter and top with zest of one lemon.
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper to taste *optional