Enjoy a little taste of the tropics with these Sausage & Pineapple Appetizer Kabobs! We serve grilled sausages all the time. Sometimes as an appetizer, with a little hot sweet mustard for dipping, or as a main course, served on a toasted roll with grilled peppers & onions. Since I had a nice fresh pineapple, and not enough other fruit for a fruit salad, I opted for these Sausage & Pineapple Appetizer Kabobs. And, if you ask me, pineapple & sausage go together as well as peanut butter & jelly!
These were so delicious! Grilled sausage is always good and the addition of the sweet grilled pineapple, made these the perfect two-bite appetizer!
Enjoy them plain, as pictured above ^^ or even better, top them with a little teriyaki glaze!!
For the glaze I simply used bottled Soy Vay Teriyaki that I had on hand and reduced it down a little to create a glaze. If you prefer to make a homemade teriyaki, here’s a recipe I found on All Recipes that sounds like one worth trying.
Do you have a favorite sausage? I started buying Aidell’s sausage a few years ago, and love their Chicken Apple Sausages and also the Spicy Mango with Jalepeno. I used the Chicken Apple for these Sausage & Pineapple Appetizer Kabobs.
I hope you enjoy this simple appetizer! Please remember to share on FB or Pinterest 🙂
Sausage & Pineapple Appetizer Kabobs
- 1 pkg Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage or use your favorite
- 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into spears, then cubed
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce I use Soy Vay
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch used to help thicken the glaze
- small wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water (this prevents them from burning on the grill).
- Measure teriyaki sauce into a small saucepan, stir in brown sugar. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a low boil.
- Stir 1/4 cornstarch into about a tablespoon of water until well blended. Stir into teriyaki sauce. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer until sauce begins to thicken (20-30 minutes).
- Cut each sausage into cubes and set aside (4-5 per sausage).
- To prep pineapple, first cut off ends, and carefully slice off skin. Slice in half lengthwise, then into quarters. Cut out core. Cut each quarter in half. You should now have 8 peeled & cored spears. Cut 4 of those spears into cubes (size size as the sausage cubes). Save remaining 4 spears for enjoying another time.
- Remove skewers from water and assemble with sausage & pineapple chunks.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill, turning regularly for about 5 minutes or until heated through with nice grill marks.
- Drizzle teriyaki glaze over top and enjoy!