Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips are the perfect “dipper” for this fresh Red, White, & Blueberry Fruit Salsa!! Because of the colors, this is the perfect dessert (or appetizer) to serve on 4th of July, but honestly, it’s delicious all summer long!! 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and I can never get enough of red, white, and blue. I’ve always loved red, white, and blue in decor, and now I’ll be loving it as a salsa!! The fresh sweet strawberries and ripe blueberries mix perfectly with the crunchy jicama and just a little heat from some diced jalapeños. Add in some zesty lime juice and some fresh cilantro and you’ve got yourself a delicious fruit salsa. Can’t you just see this on a 4th of July buffet table!?!
I had thought about frying up some flour tortillas to make my own cinnamon sugar chips, but was afraid they might not be sturdy enough to scoop this Red, White & Blueberry Fruit Salsa. I was right! It definitely needed the weight of the cinnamon sugar Pita Chips to hold up against this chunky salsa.
Next time I make this salsa, I plan to serve it over grilled salmon. I think it will be absolutely delicious!!
Red, White, & Blueberry Fruit Salsa
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup jicama peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 small-medium jalapeño Remove membrane and seeds and dice small. Adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice approx 2 limes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Chop and prep all ingredients as indicated above. Place into medium size mixing bowl. Add in fresh lime juice and salt and gently mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Serve with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
More 4th of July inspiration: