A delicious Fall Pumpkin Chili made with ground turkey, beans, pumpkin, green chiles & spices is the perfect Fall meal. It’s both healthy and delicious! Top with your favorite chili toppings (sour cream, cilantro, red onion, and cheese) and serve with a side salad, and cornbread or tortilla chips.
I love slow cooker meals, especially in the Fall and Winter. They just have a cozy comforting feel to them! This Fall Pumpkin Chili is definitely Fall comfort in a bowl.
You begin by browning the ground turkey and adding in the onions and garlic. Once the meat is beginning to brown and the onions are a little tender, place all ingredients into your slow cooker. Easy Peasy! Dinner will be ready and waiting for you to dish it up!
Besides being a delicious, comforting, and healthy chili, once you add the toppings, it is such a pretty meal. We served ours with a side salad, some cornbread muffins, and a few of the Fall tortilla chips from Trader Joes. We also topped our chili with the Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin seeds from TJ’s. They were a delicious addition the traditional chili toppings.
Fall Pumpkin Chili
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (**NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 15 oz can white beans (northern or navy) rinsed and drained
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chile
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- chopped red onion
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- grated cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil.
- Add ground turkey and salt & pepper. Break up turkey as it cooks. When meat is cooked, add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook together for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker/crock pot.
- In slow cooker, along with cooked ground turkey, add: pumpkin puree, beans, green chiles, chicken broth, and spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves)
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!!!
This recipe was inspired by Skinny Taste.
Looking for other chili recipes?
I love chili and can’t wait to try this one! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!