This Lemon Thyme Shrimp is simple and quick to make. I’ve made it multiple times now and it never disappoints. It’s delicious served over angel hair pasta, or, for an even lighter meal, I’ve served it on a bed of arugula as a salad.
Fresh thyme, plenty of garlic, and lots of lemon roast together in a little olive oil to make a warm marinade for the shrimp to roast in. DELICIOUS!
Serve the lemony garlicky shrimp over a bed of pasta and top it off with a few more squeezes of fresh lemon juice for a perfect meal!
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe!
Lemon Thyme Shrimp
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested, then cut half into slices and other half into wedges
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs leaves removed
- 5 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails off
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 400*
- In a 9x13 baking dish combine olive oil, lemon zest, & thyme leaves.
- Season with salt & pepper
- Bake above for approx. 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start pasta water to time pasta to be finished when shrimp is cooked.
- Remove olive oil pan from oven. Add shrimp, garlic, and sliced lemons (do not squeeze lemon juice). Stir to coat shrimp.
- Return to oven and cook for approx. 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Serve over warm pasta w/lemon wedges.
I’ve had this recipe for a couple of years. I originally found it on Pinterest, but no longer know where it originally started. If it’s yours, please let me know so I can give you credit.
You might also want to try:
Chrisy @ Homemade Hooplah says
I can’t wait to try this! I’ve been so obsessed with shrimp lately, too 😀
It’s such an easy and tasty recipe. Let me know if you try it.
Alexis @ Upside Down Pear says
This looks like a great dinner idea now that the temperature is warming up! I love the idea of lemon and thyme together. Cannot wait to try this!
It’s a perfect warm weather dinner!
Beth (OMG! Yummy) says
I am so intrigued by the idea of flavoring the oil first. I make a chicken this way that is an early post on my blog and it comes out fantastic every time. I’m going to give this a try!
Yum, I’d love your chicken recipe, I’ll have to look it up on your blog. Let me know if you try this.
This was so incredibly delicious. I had an abundance of fresh thyme from my garden and this was the perfect recipe to use some up. I served this with slices of fried polenta which soaked up the lovely juices from the shrimp. Yum yum!
I had this saved years ago and then lost the original link. Thank you! My husband says that if a restaurant offered this dish he would order it every time!
I’m a total newbie, and I like the looks of this recipe.
However, I keep reading this recipe, and I don’t see a step where the shrimp is cooked. Can you please check out the recipe and if necessary, add the step that discusses cooking the shrimp (temp/time/method/etc)? Thanks very much!
Todd Carter says
Easy and super delicious! Loved pre-seasoning the lemon and thyme. Great way to quickly infuse flavor into the dish!