I’m so glad it’s finally cool enough weather to be thinking of soup. Lots and lots of soup! My husband and I both love soup! And, more often than not, my husband loves crackers crumbled in his soup. I credit a local coffee shop on our wharf here in Santa Cruz, for his love of crackers. With your chowder (or if you’re a little one) you still get a little bag of Oyster Crackers. You know, like Saltines, only they’re little round crackers. They don’t need crumbling into the soup and float perfectly! Call my husband crazy, but he loves them!
So, taking inspiration from the Pioneer Woman and her Seasoned Buttery Crackers, I thought I’d “Soup” Up some of my husband’s favorite crackers.
You begin by stirring the plain little oyster crackers into warm melted butter, then gently stirring in some Italian Seasoning, homemade BBQ Spice Blend, and grated parmesan cheese. Then bake them slowly until they are just lightly golden brown.
If you enjoy this recipe, make sure and head over to Southern Plate for more great recipes!
- 1 9 oz bag Nabisco Oyster Crackers
- 1½ cubes real butter
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp BBQ Spice Blend
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 275*
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- Pour in crackers and coat well with butter.
- Add Italian Seasoning, BBQ spice blend, and parmesan cheese. Gently stir to coat crackers.
- Transfer crackers to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 275* for 15-20 minutes or until crackers just start to get a little golden brown.