I rarely eat breakfast, but was inspired after seeing a fellow blogger post about her avocado toast (thank you The Merchant Baker) for the inspiration.
I happened to have everything I needed to make this recipe and since I’d been drooling about it since last night, I figured I cook myself breakfast. I am so glad I did! It was delicious!!
I love recipes that aren’t really recipes. Just suggestions or inspiration to make it your own way. You could easily omit the egg or cilantro, or add cheese, bacon, or hot sauce. Honestly though, I thought this was perfect just as I made it!
I do have a “kitchen must have” for you. Seriously, cooking eggs has never been easier. My daughters and I exchange “favorite things” at Christmas and I had to include this Green Pan. Never has flipping an egg been so easy!!
Avocado Egg Toast
- 2 slices good bread I used sliced sourdough
- 1/2 avocado slightly mashed
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- Cilantro chopped *optional
- Toast bread and lightly butter. Sprinkle with just a tad of kosher salt.
- Fry or poach your egg. (I fried mine with a really runny yolk)
- Spread mashed avocado on buttered toast.
- Squeeze lime on avocado (I know, sounds weird, but it's good)
- Top with egg.
- Finish off with a little cracked pepper and chopped cilantro (optional).
You might also enjoy:
Hi! This looks delicious! I enjoy anything that involves avocado! I love the concept of your blog and will sure to be back! I know your daughter Jenny through my younger sister 🙂
Thank you for the compliments Allison! Please check back often and I hope I inspire some meal ideas for you!
[email protected] Merchant Baker says
Renee, thanks for the link. We LOVE it with an egg on top! Sooo good! Glad you decided to indulge in some morning fuel; we’re everyday breakfast eaters over here!
You’re so welcome! I swear I’m now addicted and eating this way to often!!