Do you have a favorite granola? Is is store bought or homemade? I love granola! And, I love this Maple Coconut Granola Recipe. The great thing about making your own is that you can put just about anything in it you want. I happened to have some dried cranberries and these slivered almonds in my pantry, so that was today’s combination (along with the coconut of course).
I have three favorite ways of eating granola. In a bowl with milk. As a parfait with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit. And, just plain, by the handful. How about you? What’s your favorite way to eat granola?
- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup slivered almonds (or substitute with your favorite nut)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut (shaved or shredded)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325•
- Line large baking sheet with parchment or use a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, & salt.
- In a smaller bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond extract, & vanilla extract.
- Add syrup mixture to oat mixture, coating everything well.
- Spread mixture onto prepped sheet pan and bake for approx. 20minutes, stirring once during baking.
- Stir in dried cranberries when you remove it from the oven.
- Allow to cool on sheet pan. It will get crunchier as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container.
More breakfast ideas…..