Simple Gooey Sprinkle Christmas Cookies, also known as Gooey Butter Cookies, are one of my favorites. They’re simple to make and everyone loves them! In fact, they’re always the first cookie to disappear from my cookie jar! I’ve been making Gooey Butter Cookies for years, but just recently have been adding fun and colorful sprinkles to them. Obviously, with it being the Christmas season, it was only fitting that these Gooey Sprinkle Christmas Cookies were filled with green & red sprinkles! These will definitely be on Santa’s cookie plate on Christmas Eve! What do you leave out for Santa and his reindeer?
I think you’ll agree with me when I say, I think that even The Grinch is going to love these Cookies!!!
If you’re interested in seeing the step by step directions for these Gooey Sprinkle Christmas Cookies, head over to my Gooey Sprinkle Cookie post.
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- ½ cup butter (softened to room temp)
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¼ cup colored "jimmie" sprinkles (have fun and mix & match those colors). Feel free to add a little more if you'd like.
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add cake mix and mix until well blended.
- Hand stir in colored sprinkles.
- Use a cookie scoop (or roll dough into 1" balls). Roll each cookie dough ball in powdered sugar and place on lined cookie sheet (I use a silicone liner), but parchment is fine.
- Baked in preheated 350* oven for 10-13 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Looking for more Christmas treats??