Cranberry Croissant Bread Pudding is the perfect combination of tart and sweet! I love the tart “pop” of the cranberries combined with the buttery croissants and the dusting of sweet powdered sugar. The homemade whipped cream is an added bonus on this Cranberry Croissant Bread Pudding.When I decided I wanted to make something with a bag of frozen cranberries that I had in the freezer, I debated between a Cranberry French Toast Casserole and this Cranberry Croissant Bread Pudding. Other than the addition of the fresh whipped cream, the two dishes are basically the same and both are made with bread (croissants), egg, milk, and vanilla. And of course, in this version, let’s not forget the cranberries. With all that said, I may or may not have enjoyed this for dessert and then again for breakfast the next morning. I hereby give you permission to also enjoy this for breakfast (sans whipped cream of course)!
Cranberry Croissant Bread Pudding
- 6-8 maybe more large croissants (enough to FILL large rectangle baking dish)
- 1- 8 ounce bag frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 1-2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For serving:
- powdered sugar
- fresh whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly butter or grease large baking dish (pan should be filled with croissants)
- Cut the croissants into large chunks and place into buttered baking dish. Distribute frozen cranberries amongst the croissant pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg/milk mixture over croissants. Sprinkle with 1-2 TBSP sugar.
- Bake uncovered for 60-75 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- **If needed and croissants are starting to brown too much, loosely tent with foil for last 15-ish minutes of baking time.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh whipped cream 🙂
Looking for more delicious desserts??