With just a few pantry ingredients and less than twenty minutes, you can have this delicious Easy Instant Pot Marinara Tomato Soup ready for your family!! If you’re not an Instant Pot user, no problem, just read below how to easily make this Easy Marinara Tomato Soup on your stovetop. In our house, Tomato Soup is always served with a grilled cheese sandwich, but you can just as quickly serve this Easy Instant Pot Marinara Tomato Soup with a side salad. There’s just something about dunking the grilled cheese into the soup that my husband loves.
Let’s talk about how simple this is to make. I made this in my Instant Pot, but you could easily do it on your stove. Follow the same recipe, but instead of pressure cooking for ten minutes, I’d simmer it for 20-30 minutes giving the flavors time to meld together. Either way you decide to make it, I’m sure you’re going to love how quick, easy, and delicious this Marinara Tomato Soup is!!
With the exception of maybe the veggies (celery, onion, & carrot), I always have the others in my pantry, making this a go-to recipe that I can pull together just about any night of the week.
- chicken broth
- marinara sauce
- a few simple seasonings
- the veggies (celery, onion, & carrot)
- Rotel tomatoes
- olive oil
- half & half or heavy cream
Don’t forget the grilled cheese!! Or salad, if you’d prefer!
Rotel tomatoes (even the mild) have a kick to them, so if your family doesn’t do spicy, I recommend using a regular can of diced tomatoes.
Easy Instant Pot Marinara Tomato Soup
- 1 24 oz jar Marinara Sauce I used Raos
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can Rotel Mild Tomatoes or regular canned diced tomatoes
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup half & half or heavy cream
- *optional: top with fresh chopped basil or parmesan cheese
- Using the saute feature of your Instant Pot, saute chopped celery, onion, and carrot in olive oil until just soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off saute and switch to pressure cook mode.
- Add marinara sauce, chicken broth canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Natural release for 5 minutes, then manual release until the pin drops.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until soup is smooth.
- Slowly stir in half & half
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches or a side salad for a quick and delicious meal!!
Craving soup? I’ve got you covered!!