This Sweet Potato Chili is the perfect crockpot meal! It is so simple to make and extremely flavorful, but not too spicy (which is great because even the kids will like it). It’s quick to get everything prepped and into the crockpot.
I had a busy day of gardening planned the day I made this and it was perfect coming back into the house with dinner almost ready. All I had to do was prep the toppings, make the cornbread, a quick salad, and dinner was on the table.
This is another very versatile recipe. I made this batch vegetarian, but you could easily add some ground turkey or hamburger to it. Honestly though, it is so filling with the sweet potatoes and beans that you don’t need and won’t miss the meat.
Within a few minutes you have your sweet potatoes and onions chopped, the spices measured, and the beans and tomatoes ready for the crockpot. Dump all ingredients into the crock pot, mix it all together, and set it and forget it. The recipes says 10 hours on low, I did 8 hours on high.
Listen up, if you’re a fan of sweet potatoes, you need to head on over and grab this Fall Fiesta Sweet Potato Soup recipe from The Fed Up Foodie!!
Hey everyone, I’m now Linking Up at Whatcha Crocking‘?! Go check it out for lots of great Crock Pot recipes!
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can kidney beans (drained)
- 15 oz can black beans (drained)
- 15 oz can white beans (drained)
- 3 large sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into 1" cubes)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Topping suggestions:
- chopped red onion
- diced avocado
- diced tomato
- chopped cilantro
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in large crock pot.
- Cook on med for approx 10 hours (or high for 7-8), or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Top with your favorite chili toppings.
**If you like this recipe, please feel free to share onto your Facebook page, Pinterest, and don’t forget to hit the YUM & Stumble buttons!